- Situated in the most beautiful valley in the Klein Karoo - Cango Valley
- Brand New Wedding/Conference Venue
- Two sparkling swimming pools
- Totally surrounded by mountains
- Quiet & Peaceful
- Managed by Owners
- Safe Environment
- A la Carte restaurant on the banks of the Grobbelaars River with a variety of venison on the menu
- Three star Lodge with reasonable rates. Pay less and get more!
- Luxury air-conditioned rooms available
- Bird watching
- Five acres of gardens, river and willow trees to wander around
- Ambiance - come and feel the atmosphere of the mountains
- It is a plant paradise, breathtaking variety of natural flora
- Unforgettable 4x4 trips (from R150.00 per vehicle) to identify some succulents ( e.g. Elephant foot ancient plants between 1000 and 2000 years old)
- Only 10 minutes drive from town and near all tourist attractions
- Beautiful succulent trails
- No TV, except in luxury rooms.
- Newly renovated Self Catering Family Units
This beautiful Lodge and ostrich farm is situated in Schoemanspoort and is totally surrounded by mountains.
The willow trees and river give a peaceful atmosphere and is food for the soul. If you like nature,
De Oude Meul is the place to be!
Our a la carté restaurant specialises in venison & ostrich will give you an unforgettable meat experience.
Come and taste the best of the ostrich at very reasonable prices. We also tender for bus groups.
4x4 Trips up the mountain. Have you ever been in a 4x4 climbing a mountain? Do not
miss out such an adventure, you will be surprise to see what these vehicles can do.
On these trips you will see elephant foot plants more than a thousand years old, aloes more than 200 years old and numerous other succulents
and plants used by previous generations and bushman as medicine. These trips in a 4x4 cost R 600 (up to four people)
for a two hour drive. It must be booked in advance to avoid disappointment.
Hiking: Two wonderful routes to view succulents.
Two hours are needed for this walk up the mountain, which is not so easy.