CROCODILE & WILDLIFE RANCH
The Cango Wildlife Ranch is perfect for a family outing in the Oudtshoorn area. Guided tours are given daily around the premises. Learn more about the facts and fiction of the crocodiles, view elegant cheetahs and giggle at the antics of the Bengal tiger cubs.
- For the adventurous, they offer face to face encounters with wildlife in the Natural Encounters program where you can touch a cheetah, enjoy the closeness of a tiger cub, wrap yourself in a python and even dive with Nile crocodiles.
- Season Times:08:00 - 17:00 • Out of Season Times: 08:00 - 16:30
You can also stroke a Cheetah:
(You must be 16 years and older)
There are no set times for tours.
The Cango Caves is only one of the natural wonders of the Klein Karoo & Oudtshoorn. A underground jewel in the heart of the Swartberg Mountain Range. Experience true beauty as you explore the Cango Caves - crawl through narrow spaces and slide into a next chamber.
- Standard Tour: 09:00 - 16:00 - starting every hour. Duration of tour: 60 min
- Adventure Tour: 09:30 - 15:30 - starting at half past every hour. Duration of tour: 90 min
- Open every day except on Christmas day
OSTRICH SHOW FARMS
Visit one of our three well known ostrich show farms in the Oudtshoorn area. They offer you a complete ostrich package example:
- Stroking an ostrich
- Eating ostrich eggs
- Eating ostrich meat
- Buying souvenirs from the curio shops
SWARTBERG MOUNTAIN RANGE
This part is acknowledged as a World Herritage Site by the Cape Nature Conservation. The crest route will take you along the Swartberg Mountain Range for some 50km. At last 4x4ers can go to Hell! Not fire and brimstone, but Die Hel, also known as Gamkaskloof, deep in the Swartberg mountains.
LE ROUX TOWNHOUSE
The house was built in 1909, when Oudtshoorn was in the midst of the second Ostrich Feather Boom (1900 -1914). Money being no object, the brief for this Townhouse was that it be designed by one of Oudtshoorn's best-known architects, with the most modern innovations, and built with the best of imported and local materials.
The Le Roux Townhouse is situated in High Street, between Church and St Saviour Street.
Tel: +27 44 272 3676+27 44 272 3676
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 17:00
Experience a real town house
C.P. NEL MUSEUM
In 1972 the CP Nel collection was brought to its present home - the former Oudtshoorn Boys' High School. As a result of this, the sandstone building, with its beautiful clock tower, was saved from demolition. The building as a whole dates back to the second "ostrich feather boom" (1900 - 1914) and was declared a National Monument in 1981.
Monday to Saturday 9:00 - 17:00